Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Things I Didn't Finish - Secret Six audiobooks

My library got a Hoopla subscription, which means I now have access to a big chunk of Radioarchives pulp ebook and audiobooks.  I have fond memories of listening to storybook albums as a kid, or falling asleep listening to Mind's Eye cassette tapes.

Michael C. Gwynne's voice is perfect for listening to spooky stories in the dark.  I love his gravelly, bass delivery.  My car speakers, not so much.  As much as I romanticize the good old days of sitting around a giant radio, nobody is going to do that for 3 to 8 hours.  I listen to these in the car, and I can barely make out the dialogue over my windows rattling once I turn up the volume to actually hear what he's saying.

I've heard other titles by Gwynne that didn't have this problem, but his delivery didn't work for me with the Secret Six.

No comments:

Post a Comment